Hello again my fellow WIHIans. How are you? How was you weekend? Mine was rather exciting. I spent all day Friday and Saturday in Waterford at a robotics competition. I even got to see Dr. Woody Flowers, the founder of the FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition. My team's alliance then proceed to win third place over all, three points away from making it into the finals. Next week, the competition will appear on TV. I'm so happy.
The reason why I love robotics so much is not only because I get to apply what I learn in school as an engineer, but because it is all inclusive and is open to everybody. This is an idea that started to become more and more popular in the 1920s, which has been the topic of focus in American Studies in the past few weeks. During the 1920s, people began to ignore the differences between whites and blacks. This contributed to the mixed society we live in today.
This is a change that I am glad happened. This is because it is beneficial to everyone I know, those who would have been discriminated and myself. To those who would have been discriminated, the advantage that this change brings is obvious, it allows them to learn and do more in their lives living in America. This also gives the rest of us the advantage of benefiting from the ideas, products, and policies that they have created. As I have stated, I am glad history played out the way it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment