Wednesday, October 15, 2014

      Hello again, students and teachers. I am sorry about the late post. I mistook the date in which I needed to publish. Now that I am back on track, I will not let it happen again.
      Last week I took the Unit One Test, learned about the national history month competition, started a Team Timeline project, and continued to learn about the Civil War. As I have already expressed my thoughts on the Civil War, I will discuss the various events and projects. Firstly, the test. In case there is someone who has not already taken the test, I will not discuss the information that we were given to work with, but just the style of the test. Personally, I like tests like this, where the information you need is given to you in a document, you just need to find it. I am of this opinion because, in life, I probably will not be able to remember exact names and dates, but I will need to know how to find and use this information. This style of a test replicates this kind of a scenario, and only expects me to know the information that I remember from listening in class.
       Moving on to the national history month project, I am not sure how I feel. I think that the presentation could be fun to make, but I am intimidated by the amount of information we have to present. Luckily, we are given a long period of time to work, which will make the task easier. For my topic, I am planning on researching an inventor, such as one of the Wright brothers.
       The next topic that I would like to talk about is the team timeline project. I think that once a few groups have completed their sections of the timeline, it will be a valuable study tool. Although we do not need to know many specific dates, it is important to be able to identify the general order in which different events took place.
       Finally, I have noticed that I do not seem to have very many page views or comments. I wonder if I am making it difficult to form a comment with the style in which I like to write my blogs. Today, I would like to try and start a conversation. I will do this by asking questions.
How do you feel about the style of the test?
Are you excited for the national history month project?
Do you plan to use the timeline to study, or for any other purpose?

3 comments:

  1. We need to work on our comments process, methinks. Thank you for bringing it up, Sterling, and thank you for the honest feedback on the test and your concerns for NHD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think that the style of your comments is fine, and that you get an average amount of comments for the numerous blogs in the 10th grade. I will answer the questions that you posed. I enjoy the style of the tests that we are given since I am familiar with it. My middle school Social Studies teacher had a similar setup, and I had her for two years. The National History Day project is interesting since it is different from the normal type of projects we get. I have mixed feelings on the project, however, because I am not that familiar with it. I plan on checking the timeline often to see what has changed and the important dates in American History, dates and places are vital in all history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the feedback. I guess that I was just too focused on the blog posts without comments. Sometimes I focus on the negatives of something subconsciously.

    ReplyDelete